Montag, 26. Januar 2009

Up Or Down


One of my all-time favourites. I guess the simplicity and the white makes this so attractive to viewers. On Flickr and RedBubble this has thousands of views and hundreds of "Favs".

Taken on the Island of Santorini, Greece, while our vacation in June 2005. It was the time when I started to take photography more seriously. After our very old Canon EOS 750 had broken we bought a used Canon EOS 300 and I started to look for motifs everywhere. And Santorini is a great place to take photos. Granted, its often pure Kitsch and far from "original" Greece. But why not, you won't find a place that beautifully located in the Mediterranean that easy.

This image was taken on a walk through the village of Oia where we also stayed for about two weeks. I guess this staircase has been photographed a million times, you can find similar images on any photosharing site. Nevertheless I like mine best ;-) I think most of the other photographas suffer from bad light or shadows.

Despite it is a slide (Fuji Sensia 100) and scanned (Nikon Coolscan V) it turned out very well. Only a bit post processing took place. I have a print of it hanging on the wall and I'm proud of it (silly, I know ;-)

View and buy at RedBubble.
View and buy at ImageKind.

(Copyright Notice: All pictures and text are copyrighted by the blog's author. You may not download the images and use it except with written permission.)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen