Freitag, 19. Juni 2009

Mystery


I don't take pictures of clouds that often. Most of the time they are nothing spectacular and look plain boring. But this one caught my eye.

It was a bright sunny day last weekend. We hiked in the Alps and while walking we watched clouds coming our way from the horizon. It's been said that rain and thunderstorms will approach til the evening. So initially we were not happy to see clouds above us at noon.

Then I turned back and looked up to see this gem of a cloud. It's shape was changing by the minute because of the strong wind. First it reminded me of some U.F.O, then streaks and lots of details became visible. Fascinating to watch! It looked so vivid, light and fluffy.

I took some shots, all with a polarizing filter to get a strong blue/white contrast. The final image is very nice, I think of making a print of it and hanging it above our bed. Will look nice, I guess ;-)

View and buy at RedBubble.

(Copyright Notice: All pictures and text are copyrighted by the blog's author. You may not download the images and use it except with written permission.)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen