Mittwoch, 4. März 2009

Majestic


This is one of the magic places you can visit in Patagonia, Cerro Torre. It's located near the small village of El Chalten in southern Argentina. The little lake is Laguna Torre and there are little icebergs floating around.

After a 4-hour hike we stumbled up a small hill of rocks and finally stood in front of that majestic mountains and the lake. It was a glorious day with lots of sun, only behind the summits clouds approached fast. We've been lucky to see the peaks for a couple of minutes.

The three peaks are amazing, like sharp needles they reach out of the surrounding landscape. Unfortunately we could only stay for about 30 minutes to have a quick lunch. In this time I managed to set up my tripod (I carried it all the journey!) and take some shots. Of course I had a rather quick snack compared to the others ;-)

Back at home I met a friend of my brother who is a mountaineer. He told me that he had climbed Cerro Torre once and it took him three days to get up with a friend. Imagine to sleep up in that wall!

View and buy at RedBubble.

(Copyright Notice: All pictures and text are copyrighted by the blog's author. You may not download the images and use it except with written permission.)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen