Freitag, 27. März 2009

Hut


I love old barns, farms and mountain huts. The weathered wood, the oldfashioned windows and doors, the overall look of "age". Lucky me that there are plenty of those rural buildings in Austria :-)

This hut and its lovely window is located at the Gosau lakes, two small alpine lakes which we can reach after a two-hour drive. So we are often there, in winter for skiing and in summer for hiking or just a great day out.

I walked there in Spring 2007 and there was lots of snow still around. I had seen the hut from a distance and then I had to trudge through thick layers of snow to reach it. But it was worth it, as I arrived the sun came through and it was well lit for my photo. I like the way the trunks and the rock lie there beneath the window. It lookes like arranged but I found it that way. Makes for a perfectly balanced still life. And the white hearts on the windows are a bonus ;-)

View and buy at RedBubble.

(Copyright Notice: All pictures and text are copyrighted by the blog's author. You may not download the images and use it except with written permission.)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen